ADD FOGLIGHTS TO 2005 NISSAN ARMADA
Do It Yourself & Save
If you don’t mind tinkering around a little and own a few simple tools, save money by doing projects yourself. Somethings are not rocket-science and with youtube and google search you can find just about anything you need to complete a do it your self-project! This 2005 Nissan Armada was not equipped with fog lights from the factory, simple project when you take the right approach.
Let’s say you have a truck and it has foglight holes but no fog lights or switch to cut it on? This truck happens to be 2005 Nissan Armada came without fog lights. I will give you a guide to finding solutions like this! Remove your panels on your vehicle so you can see how the foglights will attach to the vehicle.
Go to Amazon or eBay enter your Year/Make/Model + Foglights to find the Foglights for 2005 Nissan Armada. Find a solution that looks like it will actually work. Read all the information and get to the nitty-gritty, if you skip over this you could miss very important information like, (THIS PART DOES NOT FIT etc..) If you think you can use them, add to your cart and we can move to the rest of the parts needed for installation.
DELIVERING POWER | WIRES
Now you have to think ahead, the vehicle has no foglights so it may or may not have wiring? I opted to get a good relay harness. This Morimoto Heavy Duty Light Bar Wiring Harness will work nicely because we plan to use some LED Headlights which are low current draw. This Harness provides 40 amps per output connector which we only need 6 amps top under any condition. Note the foglight assemblies and LED Headlight Bulbs are only as good as the installation! An extra wire may be needed for the switch make sure its Oxegen Free Copper due to the element the vehicle has under the hood and water.Use quality parts and good installation techniques to keep from having to mess with them after later on down the road.
Now find a switch you can hide or don’t mind being in plain view, quality should as be a factor so do not go cheap, simple is good but a switch that falls apart or does not work properly will leave you frustrated! Simple Push/Pull Switch is basic but trustworthy! I mounted my switch in the factory switch area where there was an unused switch location. I simply removed it and used the proper size bit to make the hole and carefully made my hole and mounted the switch and reassembled everything. I found a power source at the ignition switch to power my fog lights.
Now for the LED Foglights, I read the description on the Fog lights that we were going purchase and it has 880 size bulbs and so like I said I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but I took time to read all of the details : )
I actually used these Canbus Tubro1 880 LED Foglights for this installation, they are tough and very well built and have been tested rigidly to meet the demand of truck fog lights! Foglights are closer to the ground and will be exposed to the elements more than your headlights this should be considered when doing your installation and wiring.
- 6000k (Sky White)
- Luma Beam Technology for correct beam pattern.
- Non Color fading or brightness loss
- Long life 50,000 hours
- 2-year warranty
These NINEO LED BULBS are solid and are Extremely Weather Resistant. Due to the application being used in the Foglight it will be exposed to direct heat, rain, cold & constant wind from driving. The fan keeps bulbs at a good operating temperature even when the vehicle is not moving or temperatures reach over 100 degrees in the summertime.
- (Set of 2 Bulbs)Top CREE Chips LED with 6000K cool white light @ 7,200Lm per pair (3,600Lms per bulb),200% brighter than your stock Halogen headlights. NINEO technology to ensure a perfect beam pattern without any dark spots or foggy light.We offer a 3-year warranty and lifetime support. If you are not sure the LED is right or not, just feel free to contact us email@example.com before purchase.
- POWERFUL HEAT DISSIPATION: Aluminum heat sink and 7,000 RPM Turbo Cooling fan with high efficiency colling to ensures your LED Headlight bulbs Over 50,000 hrs of brilliant continuous light.
- WATERPROOF: Water-proof and heat-protected with integrated cooling chip and fan for the heat dissipation Rainproof driver, housing, and fan works even in extreme situations. Automatic short-circuit protection.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Can be installed in 20 mins. No relay. No capacitors. No extra wiring. Plug and play. These bulbs are CanBUS-Ready and will work with most vehicle’s computer system without error.
- But for VW, BMW, Benz, Volvo, Dodge, Jeep 2005 and up, Ford 2013 and up, the vehicle system is sensitive with led headlight, flickering or error issues may occur, but it can’t be 100% made sure until the bulbs are installed. If you get this problem, please contact us for decoders. Click here for the price!
Power Distribution Blocks
When adding multiple wires we tend to push this to the limit and sometimes the connecting area gets crowded and this leaves room for problems to occur. If you have Audio or Lightbars and would like for a simple solution to clean up the wires and improve reliability this is it! Running a large power wire and splitting them into smaller ones make installation easier and more organized for a more functional and flexible installation procedure. T- Spec does a good job of this without making bulky and oversized parts. This is the T-Spec V12VDB-1144
Results were as espected